The Derrickhand is an experienced oilfield worker and performs all well servicing tasks from an elevated position, on a platform called a tubingboard. From this position the Derrickhand guides length of tubing and tools as they are being raised from or lowered into the well.
The Derrickhand also assists in training new and junior crew members.
Minimum Requirements for crew position with Eagle:
- 18 years of age or older
- H2S Alive ticket
- Standard First Aid ticket
- Valid Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement
- Able to pass a Physical exam and drug screen
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Provide your own gloves, CSA approved hard hat and liner, rain gear, and CSA approved steel toed boots
- Able to work outside for extended periods of time, sometimes in extreme temperatures
- Physically fit and able to lift 100+ lbs
Specific requirements for Derrickhand:
- Confined Space Entry
- Fall Protection
- Fall Rescue (Preferred)
Floorhand - Driller - Rig Manager