Who We Are
About Canadian Natural
We are an effective & efficient operator with a diversified portfolio of assets in North America, the U.K. portion of the North Sea and Offshore Africa, which enables us to generate significant value for our shareholders. We continually strive for safe, effective, efficient and environmentally responsible operations, while executing on the economic development of our diverse asset base.
Our financial discipline, commitment to a strong balance sheet, and capacity to generate adjusted funds flow provide us the means to grow our company in the long term, even in challenging economic environments.
We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
What We Operate
Our balanced mix of natural gas, light crude oil, heavy crude oil, bitumen and synthetic crude oil (SCO) represents one of the strongest and most diversified asset portfolios of any independent energy producer in the world. The Company has completed its transition to a long life low decline asset base through the development of its Oil Sands Mining and Upgrading assets and its vast thermal in situ opportunities and the expansion of its world class polymer flood project at Pelican Lake. This transition forms the basis of the Company’s sustainable cash flow.
- One of the largest independent natural gas producers in Canada.
- One of the largest undeveloped land bases in the relatively undeveloped, natural gas resource area in Northeast British Columbia and Northwest Alberta, including the Montney and Deep Basin.
Light Crude Oil and NGLs
- Diverse portfolio of light crude oil and natural gas liquids in North America.
- Development and exploration opportunities in Côte d’Ivoire, Offshore Africa.
- 20% interest in blocks 11B/12B offshore South Africa.
- Development opportunities in the UK portion of the North Sea.
- One of the largest heavy crude oil producers in Canada with significant opportunities in primary heavy crude oil and at our world class polymer flood asset at Pelican Lake.
- Tremendous development opportunities within the Company’s thermal in situ oil sands asset portfolio, incremental to our operating assets at the Primrose, Wolf Lake, Kirby South, Kirby North and Jackfish projects.
- World class Oil Sands Mining and Upgrading assets with over 7.5 billion barrels of Company gross proved plus probable SCO reserves.
- No declines for over 50 years.
- Mined oil sands, bitumen production and upgraded to SCO.
- 70% working interest and operator of Muskeg River and Jackpine mines.
- 100% owned and operated Horizon Oil Sands Mine and Upgrader.
- Mined oil sands upgraded at 70% owned Scotford upgrader (Shell operated).
- Carbon sequestration via 70% owned Quest Carbon Capture and Storage Project (CCS) at Scotford (Shell operated).